Nowadays, Digital marketing is one of the essential things for the business. If any company want to sell something online, it will help a lot. It is also known as internet marketing. It is a wide field which considers Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay per Click (PPC), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Mobile App Marketing, etc. in it.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a part of digital marketing. It is a thing which helps a website to rank higher than competitors. It also increases traffic & visibility of a website on search engine like google, bing, yahoo, duckduckGo, wiki.com, gibiru, internet archive, search encrypt, yandex, startPage, swiss cows, board reader, ecosia, etc.
How to be a site an SEO friendly?
A good IT company can help you to make your website SEO friendly. There are many paths which are helpful to maximize website traffic & user experience. Technical SEO or on-page SEO, is one of them. The list of essential factors that contribute to a full-fledged SEO is endless. Some points are given below to make a site SEO friendly technically.
- Canonical Tag- It helps to resolve duplicate content error & pagination issue of a website. A canonical issue mostly finds where a site use the www version (http://www.xyz.com) and the non www version (http://xyz.com) at the same time.
Example- <link rel=”canonical” href=”https://www.edigitalnetworks.com/” />
- Meta tag optimization – Meta tag plays an important role to rank a website on SERP. A Meta tag is a combination of two things- Meta title & meta description. According to the Google update, a good Meta title has 60 characters. We can use the pipeline, Hyphen, a comma in the Meta title. Meta description has 160 characters. We use our important keywords in the Meta tag.
- Header tags – Header tags help search engines to crawl the website. It tells website users & search engines what information our webpage contains. An SEO friendly website has only one H1 tag. It is right from the SEO point of view.
4. URL structure – A user-friendly URL structure improves your website traffic and maximizes user experience. It also helps Google crawler to cache your site. Don’t use parameters and numbers in URLs. Always use hyphens (-) in URLs structure instead of underscores (_).
5. Page speed – Page speed is a vital thing for a website in a technology-friendly world. It depends on page size, load time, server of the website etc. Nowadays, users don’t wait too long to load a site. Website load time should be 2 sec or below than 2 sec. Page size also should be optimized.
6. Web Content –Nothing is more important than website content. Web content should be plagiarism & keyword stuffing free.
Website rank also depends on other factors like a breadcrumb, custom 404 page, sitemap.xml, robots.txt, sitemap.html, favicon, HTTPS. If you are a digital marketer, then you probably know how essential it is. You probably also know that it is not easy anymore to rank in a month like old times. It may take like six to eight months of regular efforts to break the ranking algorithm of Google.