If you are asking whether or not you need the assistance of an experienced employment lawyer, you have come to the right place. Doing your thorough research is the very first step to determining if you have a case worth pursuing and what kind of complications involved in your case. In this post, we explore when the skilled expertise of an employment lawyer in San Diego California can benefit you the most. Keep in mind, however, while these are common, they are not the only time you may seek the legal help of an employment lawyer.
When should you hire an employment lawyer if you are an employee?
An employer stands in a powerful position where he commits many unlawful actions considering his monopoly over the organization and employee. It is the reaction of his actions that affects the employee’s rights and their employment privileges. If you’re an employee, you need to seek the legal advice of a lawyer if:
- You were fired or terminated illegally from employment.
- You have been discriminated against, retaliated, or harassed by your seniors.
- Your employer forced you to sign a contract bleaching your rights as an employee.
- Your employer has violated any laws which are created by the government to protect the employee’s legal and fundamental rights.
- Your boss didn’t give you the benefits that were clearly stated in your employment contract or warranted by the local, state and federal laws.
There are various situations, through which your employee rights will face a violation and it is only an experienced lawyer who will make sure you are provided with the right service and out-of-the-box legal solution for the situation. No matter what it is the expertise of a skilled lawyer who can protect the rights of an employee and provide him the justice that he deserves.
When You Need to Hire an Employment Lawyer If You’re An Employer?
Yes, you heard it right. The law has given equal rights to both employer and employee. No one has the right to take the law for granted. If you’re an employer, an experienced attorney can help you overcome various labor issues. Generally, the hired employment attorney educates the employer and make them familiar with state and national employment laws.
If you are a responsible employer, hiring a San Diago commercial litigation attorney who has skilled knowledge as well as expertise about employment become necessary if:
- Your hired employee raises claims against you
- Your employee has filed a case of harassment, retaliation or discrimination case against you
- You need legal representation for a negotiation
- Want to change the recent pension plan or any other plan that you’re offering to your employees to benefit them.
- You want to fire or lay off some of your permanent/temporary employees.
An experienced attorney can help you in dealing with any other legal issues. He can save you a lot of money by educating you about employee rights/laws, ensuring documentation is reviewed, and help you (employer)understand the rights that employees have or may access while working for the employer with utmost dedication.
Finding the right employment attorney in Chicago gives you the end result you want, whether you’re an employee or an employer.