Unique Cake Ideas for a Perfect Birthday
In recent decades, cakes have become an integral part of every celebration; whether it is weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, or any special occasion. Cakes are treated as a means to celebrate; with the advent of technology, we can now send cakes in USA or any other country to our beloved family & friends. But, do you know about the origin of this delectable delight that we enjoy in our day to day life.
The word Cake was derived from the word ‘Kaka’ which is an Old Norse word; however, Ancient Egyptians are said to be the first civilization to bake this marvel. It was more like bread & honey was used as a sweetener instead of sugar, unlike the cakes we have today. In medieval times, European bakers advanced in this art by using fruits, which gave cakes a variety of tastes. In the 1400s, Sweetened dough was sold as birthday cakes by German bakers. It was in the mid 17th Century, where the precursors of modern cakes (Cakes with icing) were made in Europe, and birthday cakes took their contemporary form. In comparison to the past, the current generation cakes are much better in all aspects. All because of advances in technology bringing reliable ovens, food molds & availability of ingredients.
Talking about birthday cakes, nowadays, you can get cakes of any shape, size, color, or flavor depending on your taste, thanks to all the baking inventions of the past. One cannot think of celebrating his/her birthday without the presence of a cake. It’s like sitting in a car without the key to start it. People often hunt for an unconventional kind, rather than a regular birthday cake. However, it depends upon the likes of the person whose birthday is being celebrated. Let’s have a look at a few unique birthday cake ideas;
- Cookie & Ice cream cake– This is quite a unique one, layers of Chocolate chip cookies & different flavors of ice cream with chocolate cream is something the birthday boy/girl wouldn’t expect.
- Princess doll cake– We often see young girls twirling around dressed as their favorite princess. For them to have this cake would be such a delight. This cake composes the skirt of the doll & can be used for any favorite princess character.
- Photo cakes– If the person is a photographer or someone who loves clicking pictures, as a hobby or of themselves (selfies in this case). This would be a great option, which is also very popular these days.
- Rainbow Sprinkle cake– ‘Stunning’ is the word for this cake. This cake can surprise anyone by its looks alone, apart from the taste. The person receiving it will think twice before demolishing it. A definite eye-catcher.
- Sailor Cake– Once a sailor, always a sailor. This is the perfect cake for someone serving in the navy or working on a ship as sailors. This is the most creative cakes you will ever see, and the donut lifesaver adds a great touch to it.
- Jersey cake– Sports is played by many & if your son or daughter is a fan of a particular team, then make them a jersey cake with their name on it. They will be delighted.
- Pinata Cake– These cakes famous & loved by many. It’s a hollow cake that can be made of any shape, size, or flavor. It may look simple from outside, but it packs a surprise within.
- Kitkat and M&M cake– Simple yet fascinating, a center filled with M&M’s encircled with KitKat bars. This is a cake you don’t see quite often.
- Treasure Chest Cake– If your Swashbucklers are fond of treasure hunts, then let them seize this Chocolaty Treasure chest cake & accomplish their quest.
- Rainbow Cake– Not too difficult to prepare, this cake has colorful layers, each resembling the colors of the rainbow. Let the people be amazed by its beauty & make your child’s (or adult’s) birthday special.
- Candy Bar cake– If a member of your family doesn’t like cake, then this is a great option. This cake consists only of candy bars.
- Castle Cake– Your prince or princess deserves a castle of their own, so on their birthday, present them this castle cake & let them reign over their territory.
- Construction cake– If your kids are a fan of ‘Bob, the builder’, then they are going to love this cake. A chocolate cake with a bulldozer on top & dirt made of Oreo crumbs, it’s a perfect delight.
- Fresh fruit cake– It’s always good to be on the healthier side, this fruit cake is made with pure fruits only without any artificial substances & super easy to make. Have a healthy, happy birthday.
- Number cake– Number cakes are easy to make & also a great way to depict how many milestones you have accomplished in life.
- Burger cake– We all have particular cravings for certain food delicacies. If one of your family members has cravings for burgers, then this is the one for them. Make sure they don’t demolish it all alone.
- Owl cake– This cute owl cake will melt your heart & make you think twice before you place the knife on it. But mind you, it’s a tasty delight for your tongue & tummy.
- Picnic cake– If you plan to go on a picnic on your family member’s birthday, then take this cake along. Not only is it delicious, but it matches the picnic theme.
- 80’s cake– If you are in love with the classic vintage 80’s decade, then get ready to feel the nostalgia with this 80’s cake. This cake displays all that the 80’s decade was known for, and will take you back in time on your birthday.
These were some of the unique birthday cake ideas that you can use on your birthday. Also, if you live away from your loved ones, you can apply for online cake delivery in USA, Canada, Europe, etc. on their birthdays & delight them.