Instagram started as a platform where people used to share photos and videos for fun. But it gradually became a platform for brands to reach out to their audience. This visual platform is one of the best marketing tools that helps a business to promote their products globally. It is exactly because of this reason, that various brands are incorporating IG in their marketing strategy.
It is a powerful tool that engages people and captures their attention through just visual elements. With learning simple and few tricks, you can capitalize this tool for promoting your business globally. It will also aid you in gaining loyal customers while creating brand awareness amongst your audience.
If you want more convincing, here take a look at some facts:
- The current monthly users on Instagram are over 1 billion. And 51% of them uses this platform at least once a day.
- 80% of people follow a business account on Instagram
- Currently, there are 2 million advertisers on Instagram, and this number keeps on increasing.
Now, that we know how powerful this business is, let’s take a look at some tips that will help you create a winning marketing strategy for IG.
1. Make a compelling profile for your Instagram profile
A business profile on Instagram is a lot different from a personal profile on Instagram. Follow these tips to create a compelling profile on Instagram:
- Make an attractive bio: Your business bio should be such that it compels the audience to take action and start following you. It should show the brand’s personality and tell people what the brand is all about. It should provide brief information about what you do and how it adds value to the lives of consumers.
- Provide a link for your site: Instagram bio lets you place a clickable link in it. You should use it properly and provide a link to your site beneath the description. Keep changing the URL to the latest blog or page.
2. The Instagram feed should look aesthetic
People who love to shop online for products, not only read reviews but also look at the images. An image is one of the deciding factors that help people buy a product. Since Instagram is a visual platform, brands should use it to show their best images aesthetically. You can take help from the Canva tool to enhance your images or create an aesthetic theme for your feed. Here are some tips:
- All brands have a brand identity and you should develop the aesthetic of your IG account around that identity.
- Your Instagram feed and content should cater to your target audience and consumers. Make sure what and how you publish attracts them and is of value to them, but without compromising your brand value or identity.
- If you want your brand to gain recognition amongst the customers, you have to be consistent with your posts. Also, the consistency should reflect in your bio, keep the profile pic professional, related to your brand, and the same in all social media platforms.
- Take note of what your competitors are posting, and if that is working for them, try it.
3. Captions are important, use them wisely
Captions are important, as they help connect an audience more with the content. Make sure the caption is smart and captivating. Use these tips:
- Think about what you want to say to your audience through an image, and then write the caption. Take it slow, you don’t have to be in a rush to post the image.
- The caption doesn’t always have to be big. You can keep it short but descriptive and creative.
- Ask questions or ask the audience to tag a friend to engage them and make them take action. For the same, you can divert them to the link of your website.
4. Make use of hashtags
Hashtags are important because they let people find your content by searching a particular hashtag. Some tips:
- Use at least 5-7 hashtags per post, but not more than that.
- Use popular and common hashtags that your audience use and search for.
- Use branded hashtags where necessary, create one for your brand.
5. Post Instagram stories
Instagram stories are a great feature that helps you connect more with people and create brand loyalty. It gives you a platform to show more about your brand. Through stories, you show how you develop a product, what goes in the production, how hard your employees work, and so on.
It is also a great platform to create excitement amongst people about the launch of a product. It lets you ask people’s opinion through polls or tell your brand stories by letting people ask you questions (Polls, ask questions, emoji slider are stories filter for engaging more audience).
Just remember to be consistent, and whatever you post through stories should be relevant to your brand and your audience.
6. Make a community
If you want people to love your brand and stay loyal to it, it’s important to make a community. You can do this by following your customers, liking their content, and having a discussion with them via comments. Also, replying to their direct messages help.
Also Read: Ways to Grow Your Business On Instagram.
Moreover, tie-up with influencers to grow your audience more.If you are not yet on Instagram, it is the right time to be!